A transcript is an official record of your academic history at York. It is a comprehensive summary of your course enrolment, the grades you earned and sessional academic decisions (e.g. "May proceed in Honours"). Transcripts are typically required when you are applying to another postsecondary program (e.g. graduate school); in addition, a potential employer, government agency or insurance company may ask you for a transcript in order to authenticate your complete record at York. If a third-party (e.g. prospective employer) only needs to verify the completion of your degree, you may direct them to our online degree verification service, YU Verify.
You may request a copy of your transcript, or have a transcript sent directly to a third party. Please check with your intended recipient before ordering your transcript.
MyCreds™ | MesCertif™, a trusted, secure digital network for sharing verified documents globally — has arrived at York University!
York University is pleased to join the Association of Registrars of the Universities & Colleges of Canada (ARUCC) National Network as an early adopter of a digital credential network branded as MyCreds™. Through MyCreds™, we will now issue official documents such as transcripts, confirmation of enrolment, and verification of graduation letters.
What is MyCreds™?
MyCreds™ provides fast and easy access to request and send your transcripts, graduation letters, diplomas and official academic documents to academic institutions, employers, government offices and more, anytime, anywhere.
NOTE: York University adheres to the Association of Registrars of the Universities and Colleges of Canada (ARUCC) national transcript guidelines for post-secondary institutions. For more information, please visit ARUCC's website on transcript standards.
Please read all of this information to ensure that your transcript order is processed correctly.
Ordering online is the fastest way to request a transcript. Digital Transcript orders are processed within 1 to 2 business days. Hard copy transcripts may take up to 7 days. Please note: Starting March 30, 2022, a new pricing structure will take effect for all Official/Unofficial Transcript Requests:
Is a comprehensive summary (all academic milestones completed at York University) includes all of your course enrolment, the grades you earned and sessional academic decisions. Graduate students should note that transcripts will include all graduate and undergraduate studies completed at York. Official copies of transcripts are printed on security paper and sealed when mailed. Order this transcript if you require an official transcript or if you need to forward this document to a third party.
2. Unofficial Transcript
In addition to a comprehensive summary of your course enrolment, grades, and sessional academic decisions. An unofficial transcript includes average calculations (overall, cumulative, and major GPAs). This transcript is meant for personal use and not an official transcript. This transcript is only available in a digital format and can be viewed and shared on MyCreds.
3. Law Transcript
The official transcript for the JD degree is comprised of a summary of course enrollment, grades, and sessional academic decisions. This transcript will also include clinical program evaluations, if applicable.
Note that the law only transcript does not include information on any other studies at York. If you require a comprehensive record of your entire time at York, including joint programs, please request an Official Transcript.
1. Through OUAC
If you are applying to an Ontario university, we strongly encourage you to apply through OUAC (Ontario Universities’ Application Centre). Transcript requests received through these services will continue to be processed remotely on a daily basis and in a timely fashion. You can check the OUAC website for the status of your request.
2. Digital Transcript
- Available through MyCreds™.York University’s official documents are issued directly through MyCreds™, a trusted, internationally verified digital credential platform. Documents issued through MyCreds™ are verifiable, secure, and include a cryptographic signature.
- Official Digital transcripts cost $15 per share credit.
- Unofficial Digital Transcripts cost $10 per share credit.
- Once your order has been processed, you will receive an email from the MyCreds™ system, with payment information and details on how to share your document. For more information, visit the MyCreds™ website.
- If you require a transcript for yourself, note you can share the document to your email account once the order is submitted.
3. Printed Transcripts
Requests for “Printed Transcripts” costs $30 each and will be mailed. Couriered Transcripts are also available with an additional fee.
- Hard copy transcripts are printed
oncea week and maytake up to 7 days from initial order to be mailed.
- Please indicate a mailing address with your request attention: Printed transcripts are mailed through either regular mail or by courier.
- ****Please note: We cannot guarantee the time regular mail delivery will take. If transcripts sent to a Canadian institution have not been received after 21 days or one sent to a U.S or International institution have not been received after 30 days, please contact us.
Do you have a Document to Accompany Your Printed Transcript?
If you have a form or document that must accompany your transcript, note that there is an additional $25 fee. Please make sure to submit your document in Step 2 in the online Transcript Inquiry Form.
|If you are...||You Should...|
|A student who wishes to attach an external document (e.g. application form or status verification) to their transcript. Note: there is an additional $25 fee.||Contact Ask a Transcript Question.|
|A graduate or undergraduate student who completed their studies prior to 1982.||Contact Ask a Transcript Question.|
|A Faculty of Education student who took Additional Qualification (AQ) courses after 1993.||Visit the Faculty of Education website.|
|Student who wants a record of courses taken at the York University English Language Institute (YUELI).||Visit 035 Founders College; phone 416-736-5353.|
|A student who wants a record of courses taken at the School of Continuing Studies.||Visit the School of Continuing Studies website.|
|A student who wants a record of courses taken at the Schulich Executive Education Centre.||Fax a written request to 416-736-5689.|
|An international student requiring a transcript for immigration purposes and is uncertain about your document needs.||Contact York International at firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Ordering a Printed Transcript
Submit an Online Transcript Request.
- Indicate the institutional mailing address with your request.
- Transcripts are printed once a week and may take up to seven (7) days from initial order to be
mailed. Printed transcripts are mailed through either regular mail or by courier.
- Please note: We cannot guarantee regular mail delivery time. Should your transcript not be received by the institution within Canada after 21 days or to the U.S. or other International destination after 30 days we can resend it if you request so through this Ask a Transcript Question form.
Ordering multiple copies of your transcript
Please submit a separate request for each mailing address where you want the transcript sent.
*Processing times may be longer during peak request period (typically May/June and September to January.) Processing times pertain to York University processing only and do not include delivery time or processing by the receiving institution. York University is not responsible for transcripts lost or delayed in the mail.
If you do not remember your Passport York username or password:
- You can reset your Passport York username or password using one of the options provided on the Passport York Password Reset web page.
If you do not remember your York Student Number:
- If you are currently enrolled and registered at York, please submit a request through the Ask a Transcript Question form. You will be required to present your government-issued photo identification upon request.
- If you are a student who is not currently enrolled and registered at York, you may send an e-mail to email@example.com with a legible, scanned attachment of a government-issued photo identification (e.g. passport, driver's license, age of majority card etc.). Please ensure your e-mail indicates that you are requesting your York Student Number for a transcript order, along with the answers to the following questions so we can authenticate your identity:
- your date of birth
- your mailing address while you were last at York
- your most recent academic program
- the years you attended York
If you are not able to use the online system or are still waiting on your transcript request and are unsure why? Please send us a quick note through this Ask a Transcript Question form.
Timing Your Transcript Request Correctly
- Make sure that you request your transcript when you need it, and not before.
- Check your online grade report (fall/winter - summer) to make sure all the information you need is on your transcript including any expected grades, grade changes or petition results.
- Grades for students from Osgoode Hall Law School and the Faculty of Education are traditionally released later than other Faculties. Students from these Faculties who request to hold their transcript request until grades are released, should select their appropriate Faculty from the delivery date drop-down menu (online request) or checkbox (paper request form).
- If you are planning to graduate and require your transcript to reflect that your degree has been conferred, please refer to the timelines before submitting your request to ensure that your degree conferral will appear on your transcript.
Graduate and Undergraduate Transcripts
- An Academic Transcript is a comprehensive summary of all academic milestones completed at York University. Graduate students should note that transcripts will include all graduate and undergraduate studies completed at York.
Outstanding Fees or Fines
- Transcripts will not be issued to a student who has an outstanding financial account with the University.