The sessional dates for the Fall/Winter 2022-2023 Session are below. Please note that these dates do not apply to the following:
- Students enrolled in Osgoode Hall Law School: these students should refer to the Osgoode Hall Law School website for important dates information.
- Students enrolled in a Faculty of Graduate Studies program (e.g. MA, PhD etc.): these students should refer to the Faculty of Graduate Studies website for important dates information.
- Students enrolled in a Schulich School of Business graduate program (e.g. MBA, IMBA etc.): these students should refer to the Schulich School of Business website for important dates information.
Important Dates for Fall (F), Year (Y) and Winter (W) Terms
|Classes start||Sept. 7||Sept. 7||Jan. 9|
|Last date to announce components of final grades||Sept. 20||Sept. 20||Jan. 23|
|Fall Reading Week1||Oct. 8-14||Oct. 8-14|
|Last date to submit Fall term work||Dec. 6||Dec. 6|
|Fall classes end||Dec. 6||Dec. 6|
|Fall Study Day2||Dec. 7||Dec. 7|
|Fall examinations3||Dec. 8-23||Dec. 8-23|
|Winter Reading Week1||Feb. 18-24||Feb. 18-24|
|Last date to submit Winter term work||April 8||April 8|
|Winter classes end4||April 10||April 10|
|Winter Study Days2||April 11||April 11|
|Winter examinations5||April 12-27||April 12-27|
|Notes||Virtual Friday required due to Good Friday: Monday, April 10||Virtual Friday required due to Good Friday: Monday, April 10|
|Last date to add a course without permission of instructor (also see Financial Deadlines)||Sept. 20||Sept. 20||Jan. 22|
|Last date to add a course with permission of instructor (also see Financial Deadlines)||Oct. 4||Oct. 25||Feb. 6|
|Drop deadline: Last date to drop a course without receiving a grade (also see Financial Deadlines)||Nov. 11||Feb. 10||March 17|
|Course Withdrawal Period (withdraw from a course and receive a grade of “W” on transcript – see note below)||Nov. 12 - Dec. 7*||Feb. 11 - April 10||March 18 - April 10|
* Add and Drop Deadline Information
There are deadlines for adding and dropping courses, both academic and financial. Since, for the most part, the dates are different, be sure to read the information carefully so that you understand the differences between the sessional dates below and the Refund Tables.
You are strongly advised to pay close attention to the "Last date to enrol without permission of course instructor" deadlines. These deadlines represent the last date students have unrestricted access to the registration and enrolment system.
After that date, you must contact the professor/department offering the course to arrange permission.
You can drop courses using the registration and enrolment system up until the last date to drop a course without receiving a grade (drop deadline).
You may withdraw from a course using the registration and enrolment system after the drop deadline until the last day of class for the term associated with the course. When you withdraw from a course, the course remains on your transcript without a grade and is notated as 'W'. The withdrawal will not affect your grade point average or count towards the credits required for your degree.
|Fees due for Fall and Year course enrolments and program-based undergraduate programs||Sept. 10||Sept. 10|
|First half of residence and meal plan fees due||Sept. 10|
|Deadline to submit the Non-Essential Supplementary Fees Opt-Out Form|
|Minimum payment due on student account||Oct. 10||Oct. 10|
|Recommended date to apply for Fall ONLY and Year OSAP and submit supporting documents|
|Recommended date to apply for government financial aid for the next Winter term|
|Deadline for reassessment at the domestic tuition rate for the current Fall/Winter session||Oct. 31|
|Minimum payment due on student account||Nov. 10||Nov. 10|
|Fees for Winter undergraduate course enrolments are due||Jan. 10||Jan. 10|
|Second half of fees for residence charges and meal plans are due||Jan. 10|
|Deadline for reassessment at the domestic tuition rate for the current Winter term only||Jan. 31|
Financial Deadline Information
There may be a financial penalty for dropping courses after the beginning of a term. Be sure to read the information carefully on the Refund Tables page.
|Event||February 2023||June 2023||October 2023|
|Deadline to apply to graduate||Nov. 1, 2022||March 1, 2023||Aug. 1, 2023|
|Labour Day - University closed||Sept. 5||Sept. 5|
|Thanksgiving Day - University closed||Oct. 10||Oct. 10|
|Winter break - University closed||Dec. 23* - Jan. 3||Dec. 23* - Jan. 3||Dec. 23* - Jan. 3|
|Family Day - University closed||Feb. 20||Feb. 20|
|Good Friday - University closed||April 7||April 7|
* This year, the Fall 2022 exam period begins on Thursday, Dec. 8 and ends on Friday, Dec. 23. Student services offered by the Division of Students will continue to be available on Friday, Dec. 23 in person and online. Student services will be closed Saturday Dec. 24, 2022 until Tuesday Jan. 3, 2023 and will re-open on Wednesday, Jan. 4, 2023.
|Last date to
add a course
|Last date to
add a course
|Last date to drop
|A||SB||Sep. 12||Sep. 16||Sep. 23||Oct. 7||Oct. 24|
|B1||ED||Aug. 15||Aug. 15||Aug. 19||Aug. 24||Sept. 2|
|B2||ED||Sept. 6||Sept. 6||Sept. 9||Sept. 16||Dec. 16|
|B3||ED||Sept. 6||Sep. 6||Sept. 9||Sept. 16||May 12|
|B4||ED||Jan. 9||Jan. 9||Jan. 13||Jan. 20||May 5|
|B5||ED||Sept. 3||Sep. 10||Sep. 17||Feb. 11||April 29|
|C||SB||Jan. 9||Jan. 13||Jan. 20||Feb. 3||Feb. 17|
|E1||GS||Aug. 8||Aug. 11||Aug. 12||Aug. 25||Aug. 31|
|EF||SB||Sep. 9||Sep. 9||Sep. 16||Sep. 16||Dec. 11|
|ER||SB||Jan. 2||Jan. 7||Jan. 7||Jan. 7||Jan. 19|
|EW||SB||Jan. 21||Jan. 21||Jan. 21||Jan. 21||April 16|
|EY||SB||Sep. 9||Oct. 7||Oct. 11||Oct. 20||June 25|
|F||LW||Aug. 30||Sep. 13||Sep. 13||Sep. 13||Dec. 3|
|FA||ED||Sep. 7||Sep. 13||Sep. 22||Oct. 7||Oct. 25|
|FB||ED||Oct. 26||Nov. 1||Nov. 10||Nov. 28||Dec. 6|
|FC||ED||Nov. 29||Dec. 3||Dec. 3||Dec. 10||Dec. 22|
|F2||SB||Sep. 12||Sep. 16||Sep. 23||Nov. 11||Oct. 25-28||Dec. 9|
|F3||SB||Sep. 7||Sep. 14||Sep. 21||Nov. 4||Oct. 8-14||Dec. 6|
|FP||SB||Sep. 17||Sep. 24||Oct. 1||Nov. 8||Nov. 27|
|FW||ED||Aug. 30||Sep. 27||Oct. 31||Dec. 15||April 14|
|GY||GS||Sept. 8||Sep. 21||Nov. 16||April 10||Oct. 9-15
|GH||HH||April 12||April 13||April 17||April 21||April 27|
|M||SB||Oct. 31||Nov. 4||Nov. 1||Nov. 25||Dec. 9|
|N||SB||Feb. 27||March 3||March 10||March 24||April 10|
|NF||HH||Sep. 7||Sep. 7||Sep. 7||Sep. 7||Dec. 6|
|NR||HH||Aug. 30||Aug. 30||Aug. 30||Aug. 30||Dec. 6|
|NW||HH||Jan. 9||Jan. 9||Jan. 9||Jan. 9||April 10|
|O3||EU||Feb. 15||Feb. 19||Feb. 19||Feb. 19||March 31|
|W||LW||Jan. 5||Jan. 19||Jan. 19||Jan. 19||Feb. 21-25||Apr. 8|
|WA||ED||Jan. 9||Jan. 13||Jan. 20||Feb. 3||Feb. 17|
|WB||ED||Feb. 27||March 3||March 14||March 29||April 14|
|WC||ED||April 1||April 8||April 8||April 15||April 29|
|W2||SB||Jan. 9||Jan. 13||Jan. 20||Mar. 3||Feb. 21-24||April 10|
|W3||SB||Jan. 9||Jan. 13||Jan. 20||March 3||Feb. 18-14||April 10|
|WL||AP, LE, SC||Jan. 23||Feb. 6||Feb. 20||March 24||Feb. 18-24||April 21|
|WP||ED||Jan. 5||Jan. 25||Feb. 21||April 10||May 20|
|WP||SB||Jan. 14||Jan. 20||Jan. 27||March 3||March 26|
|WS||AP, GL, GS, LE, SC||Jan. 9||Jan. 22||Feb. 17||May 8||Feb. 18-24||TBD|
|Z1||SB||Sep. 12||Sep. 26||Oct. 9||Feb. 3||
|Z2||SB||Jan. 9||Jan. 13||Jan. 20||Mar. 7||Feb. 21-24||Aug. 3|
- There are designated Reading Weeks in the Fall and Winter terms during which classes, examinations and tests will not be held. The University itself will be open and administrative services available.
- The Dec. 7, 2022 and April 11, 2023 study days are in compliance of the Senate Policy requiring a day off prior to the start of exams.
- Important: It is your responsibility as a student to ensure that you are available to sit for examinations during the entire exam period for the term corresponding to your course. We strongly recommend that you do not make any travel arrangements prior to the end of the term's examination schedule.
- The Winter classes end on April 10. The final Monday meet will be held on April 3.
- Important: It is your responsibility as a student to ensure that your are available to sit for examinations during the entire exam period for the term corresponding to your course. We strongly recommend that you do not make any travel arrangements prior to the end of the term's examination schedule.